Thursday 31 July 2014

Pamper Time!

Over the last few days, I decided to spend a little time pampering myself. Usually this would mean taking a bubble bath and spending more than half an hour in it. But this time I decided to try a few different products to really give myself a treat.

Over the course of a few days I tried out two different face masks, some pore strips, a foot pack, and a foot cream.

I apologise for the scary photos of me wearing face masks!




The first mask I tried was Tea Tree and Spearmint Pore Cleansing Fabric Facial from Montagne Jennesse. I'm very lazy when it comes to face masks and really can't be bothered to wash them off (unless I'm getting straight into the shower) and my skin is too dry to benefit from most peel off masks. So a fabric mask seemed like the perfect thing for me.

This smelt very strongly of mint, which I really enjoyed but might be a little overpowering for some people. The mask itself was a very wet piece of fabric, which appears to be made for people with huge faces as the eye, mouth and nose holes were not in very convenient places. 
My skin did feel quite nice after using this mask, and it was pretty relaxing whilst on, I would probably repurchase this mask.




The second mask I tried was the Renew You Pure Radiance Hydragel Masque, which claims to illuminate and perfect the skins texture.
This felt like there was a goddamn jellyfish on my face! It was so slimy and gross feeling, and pretty difficult to get on as it was so slippy. It comes in two parts which makes it fit the face much better than the previous mask, which was nice. It has a light floral scent, nothing too noticeable or overpowering. Once I got used to the texture it felt nice on the skin, and I did feel like it softened and hydrated my skin, although I did feel like I belonged in a horror movie when I looked in the mirror.




I have never used pore strips before so I was a little unsure to try these. You have to wet your nose for them to work properly, and the first time I didn't do a very good job, but it stuck firmly the second time I tried. Either these aren't very good or I just had really good skin on my nose (which the spot at the side of my nose disagrees with), as it looked clean when I pulled it off, which I didn't expect. I also wanted to scrunch my nose a million times whilst this was on.
In all honesty I doubt I'll use this brand of pore strips again, but I will try others to see if I really do have perfect skin on my nose.




I really dislike feet! Doing a sport and having a job where I am constantly on my feet has really taken it's toll, and there is more dry skin than those little fishes at the spa can handle, so I got particularly excited at the prospect of a foot pack. These were little plastic booties with a mesh like inside with the cream/liquid in the middle. Upon application, these were super cold and felt really odd and squelchy. But I soon got to used to it and sat with them on fro quite a while, occasionally massaging my feet through the booties. These claim to soothe and soften dry, rough and chapped feet. My feet felt lovely afterwards and I will definitely be repurchasing these by the boat load.



Finally I followed up with a foot cream from Scholl, which contain Salicylic and Lactic Acid to help break down dead skin. My feet aren't perfect, but they feel so much better than before, after a few more uses I'll be able to show of my tootsies without worrying about unsightly dry patches.

To go with your pamper supplies, I recommend a good bottle of wine (as long as you're old enough) and some cheesy chick flicks, I watched PS I Love You and Dirty Dancing. You don't get much better than that!

What does your pamper night consist of?

BYEEEEE xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment