Sunday 6 July 2014

Letter to My Sixteen Year Old Self


This post is much more personal than anything I've written before, and is inspired by the book Dear Me by Joseph Galliano.

At first I thought I wasn't old enough to benefit from this, or even to be able to have noticed any significant changes, until I realised that it had been SEVEN YEARS since my sixteenth birthday. So although there will definitely be more things to write about when I'm older, I wanted to do this now.

Dear Me,

Hows life? First of all, stop worrying about what people at school think. You will give zero fucks about any of them once you leave and you'll make some much better friends elsewhere.


College on the other hand is fucking awesome. You will meet some wonderful people at every college you attend (yes it's more than one) but I'm not going to tell you to try harder at this stage, that's not how memories are made. You are going to fail some exams, but don't worry, it will work out in the end.

Boys are an unnecessary stress, none of them are worth the heartache, especially one in particular, who isn't worth your time, breath, money or shit. You will know exactly who I mean soon. He won't change, he never will.

Going to Uni will be the best thing you ever do (asides from staying away from the aforementioned male) and it absolutely rocks! You'll have so much fun and make some amazing friends. But when the time comes, do what makes you happy!

So Good Luck, Enjoy yourself and don't worry too much.

P.S don't drink 4 rounds of glitter bombs to yourself ever! It won't end well.


I apologise that this post is short and may be a little uninteresting, but it's something I wanted to do :)

If you have written a similar post then please link it below :) I really enjoy reading them.


BYEEEEEE xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment