Thursday 3 July 2014

Life Update - Making Big Decisions and Embracing Change

{Personal Post Alert}

The Longest Journey Begins with a Single Step!

So, this week I made one of the biggest and hardest decisions of my adult life so far...I decided to leave University without doing my final year.
There are two sides to university life: there's the side where you join societies, make friends and have a jolly good social life; then there is the constant flow of coursework and exams and lectures and seminars, which as you can imagine, isn't quite as fun.

The whole experience of university (outside if the work) has been absolutely amazing, I've met some of the best people imaginable, done things I'd never have dreamed I'd do and had a very active social life. However, the work side just all got too much and I realised that not only was i struggling to get good grades, I was struggling to be happy. University effected my health quite badly, and after some counselling and some medical help, I realised that a degree really wasn't for me. As soon as I decided to leave, it was like a huge weight was lifted, and friends noticed a change straight away.

I was dreading telling my family, in particular my Grandad, who has helped me a lot over the course of my 3 years at uni. But I had to do what was best for me, what would make me happy and what would improve my health, surely they would understand? Thankfully, everyone so far has been really supportive, and I am so grateful.

What Next?

Since leaving Coventry, I have spent everyday applying from jobs, and have heard back from a few for interviews. I have no idea where I want to work or what I want to be. But for now I just want to get my foot onto the career ladder, gain as much experience as possible and get myself a nice little flat.

Some Inspirational Videos!





These three videos in particular, from some of my favourite youtubers, really helped me to understand that the only way to get on the right path is to get off the wrong one, and to do what makes you happy.

Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment