Monday 28 July 2014

Mini Superdrug Haul/First Impressions

I may have been a little naughty on the Superdrug website (and again whilst looking up the prices to write this blog)



I actually only bought six things, five from Makeup Revolution and one from MUA.
I wanted to try out some different things from Makeup Revolution, as I really enjoyed the majority of the things I tried previously, and then the product from MUA really intrigued me.

Makeup Revolution Pure Pigment in Supreme




This really didn't have much colour at all but it redeemed itself by being ridiculously sparkly, so I will get some use out of this. Perhaps a darker colour would have more payoff. This was £1 on the Superdrug website.

Makeup Revolution Baked Blush in Loved Me The Best




This is super pigmented, as I expected, and super pretty. Every cheek product I have tried from Makeup Revolution has been beautiful, and this sparkly pink blush is no exception. Available on the Superdrug website for £2.50.

Makeup Revolution Amazing Volume Ultra Black Mascara




I was a little skeptical to buy this mascara, having heard absolutely nothing about it, as I usually go for mascaras which everyone raves about. But nevertheless I wanted to give it a go so I can let you guys know how good a £2 mascara can be.
I really dislike the packaging on this, it looks super cheap. The brush is a regular mascara brush, maybe slightly bigger and the formula is a little drier than I normally care for.

Makeup Revolution Lipsticks in 100% Vamp and Rebel With A Cause


L-R 100% Vamp, Rebel With A Cause

Top to Bottom 100% Vamp, Rebel With A Cause

I love the Makeup Revolution Lipsticks. I already have two, but if you read my previous Makeup Revolution post you'll know that I didn't exactly buy wearable colours, so I wanted to try some others.
These colours are so me! 100% Vamp is a deep purple, which looks almost black in the tube and is super dark on the lips. Rebel With A Cause is a beautiful deep raspberry colour which I've worn everyday since I got it.
As before these are creamy and very pigmented, with a vanilla scent similar to MAC lipsticks. The only issue I have is the flimsy packaging, as I the lid comes off very easily and doesn't click into place.
These were £1 each so an absolute bargain.

MUA Colourblast Eyeshadow Tint in A Girl Like Me



Upon opening this product I was instantly dissapointed, as the website showed this colour as being a black colour, and as you can see it is more of a bronze/beige. This is a mistake on the website and I have emailed Superdrug to let them know.
I do quite like this colour, it's just not the one I wanted.
It is a neutral bronze colour which I will use as a base for neutral shadows. It is a nice creamy texture, but not so creamy that it feels like it will crease easily.
This was £3 on the Superdrug website.

Overall I liked all of the products, my favourites being the lipsticks and the blusher. 
Here is a look using all of the products to show how they look on the face.


I used the MUA eyeshadow tint as a base for the Makeup Revolution Pigment in Supreme (with some Savage from UD Electric Palette through the crease). I used the mascara (about 3 coats) and was actually quite pleased with the result. On the cheeks I blended out the baked blush, which was ridiculously bright and pigmented, you only need the tiniest bit. And finally, on the lips i used Rebel With A Cause all over and then used 100% Vamp on the outer corners to add some depth and fullness to the lips.



BYEEEEEE xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment