Friday 30 May 2014

May Favourites


These are the things I have been loving recently, and using almost every single day.


First up is my biggest impulse buy of the month, and I have used it every day since.



My Urban Decay Electric Palette *swoon*
I am obsessed with this thing, and have recently done a whole post dedicated to this beauty here.


Sticking with the makeup theme, my next favourite was a bit of a shock.



Seventeen Blemish Balm in Light. Now I am really not a fan of BB creams, they seem to be over glorified tinted moisturizers with slightly less moisture, but this baby is just brilliant. It's a super thick consistency so you only need a small amount, and it has a medium buildable coverage. Its much lighter on the skin than a foundation without compromising on the coverage. i find this applies best with my fingers.

Another makeup favourite from Urban Decay...



This is one of the new eye liners 'ink for eyes'. I really enjoy pen type liquid liners, as they are much easier to apply than the traditional type. This has such a fine nib and is super black, and once it has set, this is going nowhere. I may have lazily accidentally fell asleep in my makeup after work and a night out (Shhhh) and my liner looked exactly the same when I woke up, wing and all.

My next favourite is a super sparkly dupe for a high end blush



Sleek is fast becoming my favourite brand for blush, and this one in Rose Gold is currently top of my list. It is a dupe for Nars Orgasm, and is absolutely perfect. I have only recently begun using shimmery/glittery blush, I was always a fan of matte, but these just give my skin such a beautiful glow.

My final makeup favourite is an old rediscovered product.



Benefit Browzings has been part of my makeup collection for a few years now, but I never used it. I was a bit naive when it came to eyebrows and would totally ignore them in terms of maintenance and filling them in. I got them threaded once, it hurt, they looked shit and I went back to ignoring them. That was until i was dragged to Benefit Brow Bar in Birmingham, the girls are all super friendly and my eyebrow game was on point when I left. Now I use this to define my brows every single day and feel completely naked if i forget. I mainly use the powder side, although it is a little too light now that my hair isn't blonde.

On to some none makeup favourites.



Ever since I bought a tangle teaser, I cannot use any other hair brush, they just tug at my hair so much. This glides through knots like nobodies business, and you barely feel a thing. Since I used 'Auntie Jades Magic Brush' on my 3 year old niece, her mum has since had to buy her one, and almost everyone i know owns one. I actually enjoy brushing my hair with this.

Another hair favourite, and another rediscovery.



Lush American Cream conditioner smells amazing!! I used to use this relatively pricey conditioner a few years ago and I'm not sure why I stopped. Not only is this a wonderful conditioner with wonderful ingredients, but it has the best scent of anything ever! and the scent lasts for days, I'm constantly catching a whiff of it.

My only Body Favourite this month is hopefully going to give me the skin I've always dreamed of.



This body cream from Nip and Fab has all the ingredients to rid my body of the acne which I have spent years trying to remove/cover up. I haven't been using this all month, but I feel like the it is already making a difference, without drying out my skin. It also has a nice citrus scent which reminds me of something that i can't quite put my finger on.

My TV Favourite of this month has been Orange is the New Black. Once again I am late on the bandwagon but I watched the entire first series in 2 days, and am now eagerly awaiting season 2. 
An honourable mention goes to Once Upon a Time, which is my favourite show and has been the highlight of my Monday Mornings, but sadly the season has come to an end.

My favourite Youtuber this month is Helen from MelonLady, introduced to me by my housemate. She is so fun and her videos just make me happy, as do her mulitple hair colours. I want to be her best friend. 

Finally my favourite person this month is Alex from BugPin Tattoos, even thought she makes me bleed on a regular basis, she adorns my skin with beautiful images and colours.


What have been your favourites this month?



BYEEEEEE xxxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment