Saturday 31 May 2014

First Impressions - Makeup Revolution


I couldn't help myself, I had to order some of the Makeup Revolution products which have made an appearance on the Superdrug website. 
The package arrived this morning, so here are my genuine first impressions of the products.

Everything here was between £1 and £4 and also on 3 for 2 so for 10 products I spent £16.

First up is the eyeshadows. I bought two single shadows in Acid (a matte neon yellow) and Frozen (a frosted silver) and an eyeshadow and eyebrow palette in Lock and Load.





First thought straight from the package was that the singles were a really good size, but the shadows in the palette were a little small. I was also super happy with the colour of Acid, it is so neon! Frozen really disappointed me, on the website it looked like a cool frosty blue, but it's a silver.



Swatch time! No base used. The first two colours are the eyebrow shades, then a few from the palette, and finally the two singles.

In all honesty, the eyeshadows really disappointed me. They weren't particularly pigmented, especially the mattes. When I swatched the sparkly purple, powder went everywhere as it was so soft. The shimmers are more hit and miss but nothing special. The neon yellow is awful, it's chalky and barely shows up.

The palette was £4 and the singles were £1 each, so although reasonably priced, I would recommend giving them a miss.


I also bought a primer and a concealer.



These are both a good size, the concealer is a similar size to the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer and the primer is the same.


Swatched on the left is the is the primer with the Acid eyeshadow on top, and on the right is the concealer.

The primer is slightly shimmery, but blends out really nicely and sets fairly quickly. It made no difference to the pigmentation of the yellow shadow but it did make it more difficult to remove. This primer will help the staying power of your shadows rather than the colour pay off.

The concealer is thick, pigmented and blends beautifully. I'm looking forward to using this and seeing how it stays put.

The primer was £2.50 and the concealer was £1.50. Bargain!


I got three cheek products, a highlighter, a powder blush and a blush lacquer.


Vivid Baked Highlighter in Pink Lights, Blush in Wow! and Vivid Blush Lacquer in O'Boy. 
Straight from the package I liked the look of all these products, i'm such a sucker for cheek products.


Swatched left to right, the highlighter, the powder blush, then lacquer and the lacquer blended out.

The highlighter is super shimmery and really pretty it gives such a lovely glow when blended out and I cant wait to rock this.

The powder blush was buttery to the touch and really nicely pigmented. It's a medium, cool-toned matte pink and I love it.

Finally the lacquer, which I was really excited about. You literally need the smallest amount of this as it's so pigmented. Both my swatches are from one little dot. This blends like a dream and almost has a cream to powder finish. There is no stickiness or wetness left on the skin, and once this sets, it ain't going nowhere! The colour is similar to the powder blush in Wow! but a little warmer.

The Highlighter cost £3.00, the Powder Blush cost £1.00 and the Lacquer cost £3.00.


Finally I bought 2 lipsticks, in colours that I don't think I will ever be able to wear.


I don't know why I chose these colours, I just got a little excited. The blue is called Immoral and the yellow is called Felony. 
First impressions, the packaging is a little flimsy and the top part rattles.


Both lipsticks are really nicely pigmented, are really creamy and have a lovely vanilla scent like a MAC lipstick. I was really impressed as I expected these to be really hard and with no colour pay off.


Overall I bought a good mix of products to try out, the only things I didn't purchase was a foundation, an eye liner and a mascara. 

If you are going to try anything from the brand then I would 100% recommend any of the cheek products and the lipsticks. The concealer seems nice but I need to check the staying power. The eye products are all pretty much a miss and I wouldn't recommend them.

Have you tried anything from Makeup Revolution? Would you wear either of these lipsticks?

BYEEEEEEE xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment