Saturday 10 May 2014

How I Use Coconut Oil

Magic Oil?


 Having heard a few people talking about coconut oil, I decided that it was time I jumped on the inevitable bandwagon. 

The Coconut Oil I have is Superdrugs own fragranced version, which was about two or three pounds (Superdrug website is currently down)



Coconut Oil is solid at room  temperature, and so can look a little scary, however it melts at body temperature, and becomes an oil.


Although I really enjoy using this coconut oil, next time I will buy organic oil which can be used for cooking as well as beauty purposes and will definitely be fragrance free.






What I use Coconut Oil for:

  • To remove my makeup - I smear this all over my face then remove with a cotton pad. Goodbye waterproof mascara and stubborn lash glue
  • To moisturise my face - I use this as an intensive moisturiser about once a week before bed
  • To make my feet super soft - I cover my feet in the oil, put on some socks and sleep my feet soft
  • To dry shave your legs when you're in a rush, it leaves them super soft too

It can also be used as a leave in conditioner or a overnight hair mask, however I'm sort of scared to cover my hair in oil :/ we shall see

I have also heard that it can increase lash growth, which I am anxious to try, but maybe I need to wait until I get a fragrance free organic version.

Have you ever used coconut oil?


BYEEEEE xxx





2 comments:

  1. I love coconut oil, on my skin, on my hair (only a little to make it shine), in cooking, in baking. Also using it to try and fade a scar I have from some surgery - seems to be helping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo I haven't heard of using it on a scar, I have quite a large one so I will definitely be giving it a try :) I really need to buy some that is suitable for cooking so that I can have a play.
      Thanks for your comment, have a lovely day x

      Delete