Saturday 22 March 2014

Lip Balm or Lip Bum

Hey Guys,

I'm a bit of a self confessed lip junkie; there is usually around 12 lip products in my handbag, which is more than any one person requires. Any time that I don't have lipstick on, I am constantly reapplying lip balm (even when i don't need to).

  • I'm currently in a big spring cleaning mood (for the first time ever in my life)
  • The fancy dress theme for this weeks night out is Harry Potter, and i've spent the afternoon soaking clothes in a bath of tea for my Dobby outfit DOBBY IS A FREE ELF!!



Here are my three favourite lip balms plus one I'm really not a fan of. Can you guess which one it is?


The Handy One


Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me. "Intense lip care and 8 hour hydration." This comes in 6 different varieties.

I like the Baby Lips for their lipstick style packaging. They're super handy to throw in your bag and use on the go.

The Cherry Me version has the slightest hint of colour, which to be honest I don't find to be noticeable at all and I have no problems applying this without a mirror. The scent is very nostalgic to me, it smells like fake cherry lip products I had as a child.

I'm not sure I agree with the 8 hour claim, but I do feel like this hydrates my lips nicely.

These retail at Boots for £2.99



The Unbelievably Amazing Scented One


Soap & Glory A Great Kisser in Juicy Peach. OH. MY. GAWD. This thing smells incredible, exactly like the inside of a peach, it makes my mouth water. I also have the chocolate cherry version, but it smells nowhere near as awesome.

The packaging on this is like a Vaseline pot, which I don't particularly enjoy as I find it can be very difficult to open.

It claims to be "Not too waxy, not too slippery, not too greasy or too sticky." This does have a strange texture, sort of like a thick lip gloss, without being sticky. I actually really enjoy the texture and I feel like it lasts a really long time on the lips. FYI it tastes as delicious as it smells

This retails for £5.00 in Boots.



The Most Perfect Lip Balm to Touch My Lips


Lanolips LemonAid Lip Aid. Smells Amazing. Tastes Amazing. Feels Amazing. Sold yet?

The main ingredient is Lanolin, which is a natural substance taken from sheep wool. Sounds weird huh? But this lip balm won Australian Beauty Awards 2011, British Beauty Blogger Awards 2011 and Women and Home Best in Beauty 2012, so i had to give it a try. 

It's super ridiculously moisturising and contains lemon oil which naturally exfoliates. It tastes like the most amazing cloudy lemonade you ever tasted and I truly feel that this lasts all day. I especially like to use this before bed.

At £9.18 this is pretty darn pricey, however it's so amazing and you need so little that in my opinion its definitely worth it.



The Gimmick


Did you guess right? Balmi Raspberry Lip Balm. I bought this in the hopes that it would be amazing, it looks like an EOS lip balm, which I am desperate to try (sadly they aren't available in the UK). With SPF15, Vitamin E and Shea butter, I had high hopes for this little ball of balm.

I was extremely disappointed. Not only is the scent and taste more plastic than raspberry, I find it hard to find even the smallest amount of moisture in this product. The texture on my lips is very oily and greasy, not at all moisturising, and frankly I had to remove it fairly quickly as I really didn't enjoy it. 

Balmi has changed the shape of this product to a cube, I'm unaware as to whether this has changed the product at all.

These retail for £4.99 in Boots


What are your favourite lip balms? Have you had better luck with a Balmi Lip Balm?



BYEEEEEEE xxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment