Monday 17 March 2014

Dupe or Duped? Mac Saint Germain Lipstick


Hello Lovelies, 
Firstly I want to apologize for my severe lack of posts (it's been nearly 2 years) but now I am determined to get back into the flow of things.

So many wonderful things have happened since I last posted so I thought I would share a few with you before we start talking lipstick.

  • I won a nice shiny first place trophy at the first cheerleading competition I ever entered. It was so much fun and is easily the best moment of my life.
  • I am now president of the whole team, which is super stressful but super fun and a lot of hard work.
  • I've moved house numerous times (ugh) which is to be expected as a student. And will be moving again in the summer. But it means i get to spend another year with my bestest girl chum Princess of Pretty (definitely check her out if you haven't already)
On to the main part of this post. This started as one post, and after finally managing to think of a name for it, I figured it would make a good series of posts. So here we have dupe or duped? Where I will be testing out products which are supposed to be a dupe for something else.

First off is MAC's Saint Germain Lipstick, which sadly I do not own, but the gorgeous Princess of Pretty does. 



This is one of my favourite lipsticks, but it retails for £15 on the MAC website, which is a little pricey in my opinion. It is an amplified finish, which MAC describes as ultra creamy, quietly shiny and colour packed, and I have to say I agree. 

I would describe the colour as a pale neon, it's the epitome of bubblegum pink, very cool toned with a blue undertone. I LOVE IT! 

It's super comfortable to wear and has that lovely vanilla taste scent that all MAC lipsticks have. It's not the easiest colour to wear but it makes a statement.

All this being said, I decided that before I bit the bullet and shelled out £15 for this beauty, I would search for a cheaper dupe.

Whilst there appears to be some Wet 'n' Wild dupes, here in the UK it was proving a little more difficult to come across anything even remotely similar. 

I read somewhere that there was a Stay Pout Lipstick from Seventeen (a Boots brand) which matched up to this awesome colour, so naturally I took a look.

The Stay Pout Lipsticks retail for £4.49, which is considerably less expensive than the MAC prices. The Boots website claims that these lipsticks are long-wearing, staining and provide hours of kiss proof colour (maybe someone should put that claim to the test). 

Whilst i haven't spent hours trying to kiss off this lipstick, I can vouch for its staining ability. The swatch was difficult to remove and left behind a faint hint of colour even after washing my hands. This particular colour isn't as creamy or vanillary as a MAC lipstick, but is still comfortable to wear and not unpleasantly scented.

Now on to the colour comparison 

 
L-Kiss Me Quick
R-Saint Germain

As you can see from the side by side swatches, unfortunately Kiss Me Quick isn't quite the same beautiful bubblegum pink as Saint Germain. However it is still a beautiful cool toned, blue based pink, it is just much deeper. I would describe it as more of a true pink, just out of the baby pink range, and is fast becoming my favourite lipstick for this early spring we are having in the UK. It is currently the only lipstick in my handbag, which is a big deal for someone who usually has around 12 horded in my bag.


Overall it appears I have been duped, and although I'll be keeping an eye out for a Saint Germain dupe, I think i may have to give in and purchase my own. 


Have you found any dupes for Saint Germain? Or any other MAC lipsticks for that matter?

BYEEEEEEE xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment