Wednesday 11 July 2012

Sleek Pout Paint v OCC Lip Tar

Hey :)
After hearing quite alot about both these products I felt I need to try them out for myself, particularly because I have trouble finding long lasting lip products and these are said to have good staying power. I have 2 Pout Paints and one Lip Tar, mainly because Sleek is much more readily available in the UK than OCC, which I had to buy online (and at twice the price).




The first pout paint I have is Pinkini.



This colour is a bright dark pink.

The next pout paint i have is in Peachy Keen





This is a pale creamy peach colour.

The only lip tar I have is in the colour Hoochie.



This is a pink based purple colour.

Both the pout paints and the lip tars have good staying power, and both are marketed as stains, which is exactly what they do, they stain the lips to make the colour more long wearing, even when it feels like there is no product left on your lips.
OCC have a lot more colours than the pout paints, ranging from blues, greens, yellows, whites, reds, pink and a black. The pout paints ar more on the pink and coral side, although there is a blue. The more obscure colours such as the blues and greens are made for mixing more than worn alone, although you never know when a bright yellow lip might come into fashion ;)

One thing that I prefer aboutthe pout paints is the smell/taste. They have a orangey scent, which reminds me of the inside of an orange cream chocolate, which I really enjoy. The lip tars have a minty smell/taste which I know alot of people like their lip products to smell like, but i'm not a big fan.

Overall I recommend both of the products, but I think that the pout paints are better value for money but the lip tars are much better in terms of colour selection.

Byeee :)


No comments:

Post a Comment